Wednesday 30 November 2011

State of...Christmas Memories

So I recently took a stab at some creative writing. It's always been something that I've wanted to try and it seemed like a good time to start. I submitted a piece that was well received, but it was too time sensitive and I was asked to try again.

Well, I just found out that my second article got picked up. Yay me! I've included a snippet below as a teaser and hope that you will follow the link to the whole article. I hope you enjoy!

Memories of a Childhood Christmas

How My Holiday Memories Will Shape My Child's Experiences

This is my favorite time of year: Thanksgiving is over and everyone has turned his or her focus to Christmas. People are busy decorating their homes with lights, snow globes, and reindeer. It is the time of year when entire cities decorate their downtown area with images of Santa and lampposts are ablaze with multicolored lights. The spirit is strong indeed, but not as strong as my memories of childhood Christmas.

I grew up in a large family in the northeast. We were eight strong on most nights and a full house was all but guaranteed around the Christmas season. We celebrated in the traditional manner: tree, tinsel, ornaments, stockings, lights, Nativity scene, ginger bread house and 24/7 Christmas carols. This, I like to think, is where our traditional experiences end.


Here is the link to the full article: http://bit.ly/uiS3hY

Thanks for checking it out! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!!!

Cheers,
LW

No comments:

Post a Comment