Thursday 29 April 2010

State of...Playoffs - Round Two

Wow...Thank God for my Western Conference picks, eh?! Lots of upsets in the East...some I'm not so happy with - I'm talking to you Montreal!!!

Round 2 Picks

Philadelphia Flyers vs. Boston Bruins
Well, this was a match-up I wasn't expecting. I didn't think the Flyers had the goaltending to get past Brodeur's Devils. And I still don't entirely trust their 'tending. The Bruins are getting Marc Savard back and should be able to ride either Goalie to the Eastern Conference Championship game.
Bruins in Six

Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Montreal Canadiens
Screw Montreal. They had NO business beating Ovie and the Caps. They come into the series riding the hottest goalie in the league. I'm not buying that he can do it again versus Sid and his squad of Pens. Either Malkin or Sid will have their way with him. Or both.
Pens in Five

San Jose Sharks vs. Detroit Red Wings
I'm not sure why...but I believe in the Sharks this year. I should have learned from previous years, but I guess I'm a slow learner. I see the Sharks just being a step better in every aspect of hockey, but especially on offense and in goal. I don't see the Wings going easily, but I think their best days are behind them.
Sharks in Six

Chicago Blackhawks vs. Vancouver Canucks
I think this will be a very good series. It's going to come down to Luongo versus the Chicago offense. Can he regain the form that made him one of the top goalies in the game...or will he stumble like has since before the Olympics? Can the twins bring enough offense to the series to match up against the likes of Toews, Sharp and Kane? Chicago's D, in my humble opinion, is too much for the 'Nucks forwards.
Hawks in Five

Cheers,
LW

No comments:

Post a Comment